Metro Pacific Iloilo Water commences operations

July 1, 2019

ILOILO CITY – Metro Pacific Water (MPW) and Metro Iloilo Water District (MIWD) marked the start of operations of their joint venture, Metro Pacific Iloilo Water (MPIW) today, which takes over the water distribution system in Iloilo City and the seven other municipalities covered by MIWD.

The commencement ceremony takes place at the Courtyard by Marriott Ballroom in Iloilo Business Park and is graced by the presence of Senator Franklin M. Drilon, Iloilo City Mayor Jerry P. Trenas, MIWD Chairman Jessica C. Salas, and MIW Director and MPIC President Jose Ma .K. Lim.

Metro Pacific Iloilo Water is the joint venture of MPW and MIWD for the operation, rehabilitation, and maintenance of water distribution and wastewater management facilities of MIWD in the City of Iloilo and the municipalities of Pavia, Oton, Maasin, Cabatuan, Sta. Barbara, Leganes, and San Miguel.

This joint venture aims to ensure water availability in the service areas, improve the level of service efficiency, and reduce non-revenue water from 50% to 35% over the 25-year concession period.

In the next 18 months, consumers can expect improvements in water supply services as MIW implements efficiency measures and customer experience solutions.

One of the immediate priorities of MPIW is to expand MIWD’s current service coverage, so that residents who are not yet connected to the water district can now get access to safe and potable water. Aside from this, MIW commits to investing in new facilities such as more pipelines to serve more people in Metro Iloilo. Project cost over the 25-year concession is estimated at P12.35 billion.

As part of its commitment to Ilonggos, Metro Pacific Water, through the new joint venture company Metro Pacific Iloilo Water, strives to continuously support local governments in addressing the increasing water demand in Metro Iloilo – a key area of growth and industry in Western Visayas.

Metro Pacific Water effectively owns 80% of Metro Iloilo Water, while Metro Iloilo Water District holds the remaining 20%. MPW is the wholly-owned water infrastructure investments subsidiary of Metro Pacific Investments Corporation, the leading infrastructure conglomerate in the Philippines.